Tutorials by IT enthusiasts, for enthusiasts
Get started with learning
View more than one-hundred online tutorials, for free.
Most popular today
- Validating the input of your REST API with Spring 19/05/2015 In the next few weeks I will be writing a… (7)
- Using the Netflix stack with Spring boot: Hystrix 20/03/2017 Recently I wrote some articles about the various Netflix components… (4)
- Writing real time applications using Spring and AngularJS… 09/03/2014 In the previous two tutorials I made the entire back-end… (3)
- Making your AngularJS application grunt 22/06/2014 A while back I wrote a small application to show… (2)
- Using Docker containers for your Spring boot applications 26/01/2016 In my latest tutorials I built a small web application… (2)
In the next couple of weeks I’m going to develop a small idea sharing/voting application, using several common concepts in web development. First of all, I’m going to write and secure a REST API with Spring Security.
With Spring Data JPA, persisting data is quite easy. You no longer need to write complex DAO’s or repositories, no, all you need is an interface. If you look at my Spring Boot tutorial, you will see that by writing a few lines of code for creating our interface, we’re able to read, update, delete and […]
Caching is a very common operation when developing applications. Spring made a neat abstraction layer on top of the different caching providers (Ehcache, Caffeine, Guava, GemFire, …). In this article I will demonstrate how the cache abstraction works using Ehcache as the actual cache implementation.
If you’re just like me and you’re over 20 years, you might have spent several years on IRC and you probably interacted with hundreds of bots over the years. You may have written your own bot, just like I did. Well, with todays frameworks, API’s and tools it’s a lot easier to write such a […]
In my previous tutorial, I’ve set up gulp.js to build my React.js application, now it’s time to write that application. Like I said before, the app I’m going to build in this tutorial, is an application where you can add/remove songs and rate those. We have several components to implement, so let’s start.